San Diego Product Liability Attorney
Hurt by a Defective Consumer Product? You Have Rights!
Cases of product liability against the manufacturers of defective consumer products have long formed an important part of The McClellan Law Firm's practice. The success we have achieved in product liability litigation allows us to pursue these claims with a high degree of skill. Our San Diego injury attorneys examine all negligence cases for the possibility of a claim against the manufacturer or distributor of a defective device.
Attorney Craig McClellan was named San Diego Product Liability Litigation Lawyer of the Year in 2012, 2014 & 2019 by Best Lawyers ®. Don't wait to put an accomplished law firm on your side.
Common Injury Claims Involving Defective Products
Our firm works with a team of forensic experts to strengthen your product liability claim. This can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case, as we can use their expertise to recreate the product and demonstrate how the manufacturer could have easily prevented the design flaw. For example, we might be able to establish that the same product could have been made without error, but at very little or no extra cost to the manufacturer.
We handle all types of defective product cases:
- Car parts, including tires, brakes, seat belts and air bags
- Home appliances like space heaters, ranges, ovens, water heaters, and more
- Unreasonable fire hazards presented by furniture, bedding, draperies, and carpets
- Household power tools and equipment, such as drills, saws, and nail guns
- Sporting goods like archery equipment and bike and motorcycle helmets
- Children's toys, including imported toys with unsafe levels of lead paint
- Dangerous medical devices, including prostheses and implants
You Don’t Pay Unless We Win
We work on a contingency fee arrangement. This means that we only charge our clients after winning a settlement or jury verdict on their behalf. If we are not able to recover compensation, you won't pay us anything. Because of our past success in product liability cases, we are able to afford the necessary expenses and resources for building an effective case on your behalf, such as securing the support of design experts, industrial engineers, biomechanical engineers and human factor specialists.
Class Action vs. Individual Lawsuits
If you were injured by a defective product in California, there are multiple routes you can take to hold the manufacturer accountable, including:
- Individual product liability lawsuit: Individual litigation is a necessary choice when your injury is unique. For example, if a defective tire caused your injury but there are no other serious complaints involving that tire, you may need to bring an individual lawsuit. This is also a good choice when the harm you suffered is significant.
- Class action product liability lawsuit: A class action allows a few plaintiffs to speak on behalf of numerous class members if they have been similarly injured by the same manufacturer. Class actions are powerful when numerous individuals suffer relatively minor injuries and would not be able to bring effective lawsuits on their own.
- Multi-district product liability litigation: When a large number of plaintiffs file similar individual lawsuits against a manufacturer, the court may decide to consolidate the lawsuits into one case. This is called multi-district litigation. Unlike class action litigation, however, every plaintiff participates in the litigation.
We’re Backed by Success in Product Liability Litigation
The McClellan Law Firm has recovered $250 million in damages for seriously injured clients and the surviving families of those killed in accidents. Many of these cases involved defective products around the house or in the car.
In fact, Lead Attorney Craig McClellan has gained consideration recognition in the field of automotive defects. He has successfully brought claims against motor companies like Porsche, Chrysler, GM, and Toyota.
Miller v. Ford Motor Co. – $6,000,000.00 Settlement
The Miller family was hit by another vehicle head-on. Because their vehicle (Ford Escort) was only equipped with lap belts, 11-year-old James Miller died at the scene, and his twin brother, Richard, was rendered paraplegic. We secured $6 million on the family’s behalf.
Aponte v. Mercedes Benz – $5,200,000.00 Settlement
Our client, Christie Aponte, was sitting in the center seat of her father’s Mercedes when the vehicle was hit head-on. Because she had only been wearing a lap belt, she suffered paralyzing injuries in the accident. Our firm was able to secure $5.2 million on her behalf.
Garrison v. Porsche – $2,500,000.00 Settlement
We filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Porsche for the death of a husband and father who was the passenger in a Turbo 930 when the driver lost control of the vehicle and swerved into oncoming traffic. In this case, the jury awarded $2.5 million to our client.
Let The McClellan Law Firm Help Maximize Your Claim
Learn how our experience can help maximize the value of your personal injury claim by contacting a San Diego product liability lawyer at our firm. We have been representing accident victims and their families for more than two decades, and have won more than 140 verdicts and settlements worth $1 million each, so you can rest easier knowing we are on your case. Don’t wait to take advantage of a free case evaluation.
The McClellan Law Firm has a reputation you can trust. Take the first step today by calling our San Diego law office at (619) 215-1488 for a complimentary case consultation.