San Diego Helicopter Accident Firm
More Than 140 Cases Won in Excess of $1 Million or More
Have you or someone you love been injured in a serious helicopter accident? Or have you lost someone in a fatal crash? If so, do not hesitate to reach out to the team at The McClellan Law Firm. Throughout the years, our legal team has proven successful in some of the most complex personal injury cases. This has led to our firm winning more than 140 cases in excess of at least $1 million— more than any other San Diego attorney.
Attorney McClellan is one of the nation’s most prominent trial attorneys. Consider just some of his awards:
- Invited Member of the Inner Circle of Advocates
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year for Personal Injury & Product Liability (2014)
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year for Product Liability Litigation (2012, 2014 & 2019)
- "San Diego's Top Lawyers" by San Diego Magazine
- America’s Top 100 Attorneys: Lifetime Achievement Recipient
- San Diego Super Lawyers® Top 50 List for 10 Consecutive Years
- "Transcript 10" Top Attorneys by the San Diego Daily Transcript (2012)
- Top 500 Lawyers in the United States by Lawdragon.com (2007)
If you are looking for a heavyweight to represent your best interests, you should not look any further. Contact our San Diego helicopter accident lawyers today to schedule your free, confidential consultation.
Just How Dangerous Are Helicopters?
Helicopters are one of the most versatile, useful aircrafts. Due to their build, they are capable of flying not only forward, but backward; they can also hover, move vertically, and function without the need of a runway.
This very versatility is what makes them such a popular option in so many industries and for so many functions, including transporting maritime workers to and from offshore vessels, transporting individuals in need of emergency medical attention, being used by law enforcement, and being used in military operations.
However, this versatility also makes them unbelievably complicated. These machines are delicate, complex, and require an enormous amount of skill to operate. They also require incredible attention to detail in not only the design and construction of them, but also in the maintenance. Should any piece of their creation, upkeep, and use not be of the highest caliber, it could lead to catastrophic accidents for operators and passengers.
Consider the following statistics regarding 2019 helicopter accidents per the USHST:
- There were 111 civil helicopter accidents.
- There were more than 21 fatal civil helicopter accidents.
- The civil helicopter accident rate was 3.67 accidents per 100,000 flight hours.
Who Is at Fault for a Helicopter Accident?
One of the most prominent issues for individuals facing aviation accident litigation is determining who can be held liable for the accident. While it may seem easy to point the finger at the pilot, that is not the only party who could be responsible. That is why it is so crucial that you work with a skilled injury attorney to take a look at the case; a lawyer can determine who is truly at fault and who can potentially be a defendant in a claim.
The following parties may be considered fully or partially at fault for the accident:
- Helicopter owner
- Helicopter pilot
- Helicopter designer
- Helicopter manufacturer
- Seller of the helicopter
- Flight school / instructor
- Helicopter lessor / lessee
- Maintainer of the helicopter
- Air traffic control
- Control tower operator
- Publisher of the flight chart
- Publisher of an operational manual
- Owner / operator of the helicopter page
- Owner / lessor of an obstruction (ex: TV tower)
Contact Us for Your Free Consultation: (619) 215-1488
Do not hesitate to get in touch with the helicopter accident attorneys from our San Diego law firm as soon as you can. We know just how complex these situations are, and we are prepared to do everything that we can to help our clients recover maximum financial recovery.
Send us a message online today to request your free consultation!