California Maritime & Longshore Accident Lawyers
Representing Workers After an Accident at Sea
The litigation of personal injury and wrongful death cases under maritime law is procedurally different from the presentation of similar injury claims in land-based accidents. In many cases, the differences favor the plaintiff. Our understanding of the Jones Act, the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act, and other maritime statutes can help you and your family benefit from these advantages.
Common Accidents That Occur on Cargo Ships and at Sea
Our familiarity with the challenges of complex accident litigation, together with our understanding of federal maritime law, can represent a significant advantage in recovering the compensation you need in a maritime accident. We have experience handling personal injury claims on behalf of clients in maritime accident cases.
These types of at-sea accidents can include the following:
- Capsized vessel accidents
- Loss of a deckhand, steward, or officer overboard
- Injuries caused by the vessel's unseaworthiness
- Ship repair and maintenance accidents above or below the waterline
- Injuries caused by the negligence of an owner, captain, skipper, or pilot
- Accidents resulting from falling overhead objects or poorly secured equipment
- Cruise ship accidents and assaults involving passengers, seamen, stewards, and officers
- Harbor accidents involving tugs, barges, tour boats, commuter ferries, or other vessels
- Waterfront accidents involving longshoremen, freight handlers, crane operators, or other terminal workers
Experienced California Maritime Lawyers
Whether the injury in your case took place on a supertanker, a whale-watching tour, or a fishing trawler, our lawyers can analyze your case and identify the most promising ways to maximize its value. At the same time, our carefully limited caseload allows us to give you all of the prompt and personalized attention your situation requires.
For a free consultation about your legal options in any personal injury or wrongful death claim in a maritime accident, contact The McClellan Law Firm for a free consultation by calling (619) 215-1488.