Ceiling & Building Collapse Injuries
Types Of Building Collapses And Failures
There are a number of different ways buildings can collapse that may vary depending on the type of structure. They include:
- Inability to Support the Load: This is usually the result of poor architectural design or poor construction.
- Corrosion or Fatigue: Over time, instability in the properties of the building materials or the overall design or geometry of the structure could lead to the formation of cracks at stress points that grow and eventually cause collapse.
- Manufacturing Errors: Anything from poor workmanship, failure to adhere to the approved design, improper heat treating, incorrect sizing or poor material selection could lead to total failure.
- Defective Materials: Improper manufacturing or damage from prior use could lead to failure and collapse of the structure.
- Failure to Consider Unexpected Conditions: This type of failure could be caused by those maintaining or using the building lacking the necessary training to properly maintain it, or events like heavy snow, ice, rain, earthquakes or other natural disasters.
Did You Suffer A Serious Injury?
Serious injuries often come with massive medical bills and significant damages, and when they are caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve the chance to fight for compensation. Our San Diego premises liability attorneys at The McClellan Law Firm are committed to providing each client we take on with the knowledgeable and passionate legal representation they require to recover the compensation they need. Contact us today to begin discussing your case with a member of our firm and learn more about what we can do to help.
Send us your information through our online form to start out with a free consultation today.
Hire The Representation You Need To Secure The Verdict You Deserve
Our San Diego premises liability attorneys have spent over 40 years representing injured victims in court and at the negotiation table, and through our efforts have secured over 130 verdicts and settlements of $1 million or more each.
If you were seriously injured by the collapse of a building or other structure, give our firm a call at (619) 215-1488 to tell us all about your situation or send us your information through our online form to start out with a free case consultation today.