San Diego Bus Accident Attorneys
Injured in a Bus Accident in San Diego? We Can Help.
Due to the limited availability of seat belts in buses, a low-impact collision may seriously injure bus passengers. The size of buses can also lead to serious or fatal injuries for other drivers and passengers whose vehicles are struck. If you or someone you love is critically injured in a bus collision, our team at The McClellan Law Firm is here to help.
Our San Diego bus accident lawyers have handled a broad range of public transportation cases involving wrongful death and personal injury. With 10.0 Superb Avvo ratings, selection among “The Best Lawyers in America,” and inclusion in San Diego Super Lawyers® Top 50 list, The McClellan Law Firm is a firm you can trust.
Our firm represents bus passengers, motor vehicle drivers, and pedestrians who have been hurt in public transportation accidents. We handle only a limited number of cases to provide our clients with individual representation. To learn more about our approach to client service in bus accidents, call (619) 215-1488 to schedule a free evaluation.
Common Types of Bus Accidents
Depending on the details of your bus accident, multiple parties may be held liable. When you work with The McClellan Law Firm, you can be confident knowing our lawyers have the experience and insight to handle complex bus accident cases in California.
Common types of bus accidents include:
- Passenger bus accidents
- Shuttle bus accidents
- City bus accidents
- Tourist bus accidents
- Charter bus accidents
Because claims involving city and school buses have different filing requirements from private buses, it's critical to speak with an experienced attorney quickly.
Tourist Bus Accidents
While tourist buses can be a fun, efficient way to explore a popular destination or area, they can also expose passengers to serious injuries should an accident occur. If you were injured on a bus under Old Town Trolley Tours San Diego, San Diego Scenic Tours, San Diego Seal Tour, Five Star Tours, or any other local or national tourist bus company, we are here to help. Our firm is not afraid to take on major bus and charter companies.
Determining the Cause of a Bus Accident
Buses are considered common carriers. That means they must maintain a high degree of care and diligence for the safety of their passengers. If a bus driver fails to adhere to traffic laws, is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or commits any other violations, they may be considered responsible for the crash and any resulting damages to victims.
Common causes of bus accidents include:
- Speeding or other reckless driving behaviors
- Failure to ensure all passengers are fully seated before moving
- Distracted driving, including texting, talking on the phone, eating, and drinking
- Bus driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to follow proper safety protocols and traffic laws
- Dangerously designed intersections or roadway defects
- Lack of maintenance or inspection of vehicle
- Use of faulty or defective bus parts and components
What Parties Can Be Held Liable for a Bus Crash?
Liability is one of the most important aspects of any accident case. It is also one of the most difficult aspects to determine and prove. Working with a bus accident lawyer in San Diego can help you ensure the proper parties are identified and held accountable.
For example, the following parties may be liable in a bus accident:
- The bus driver
- Other drivers on the road
- The mechanic that performed work on the bus
- Manufacturer of faulty bus parts or components
- The organization that contracted the bus
How Much Compensation Can You Get From A Bus Accident In San Diego?
The compensation amount that you are eligible to receive after a bus accident will depend on a number of factors.
Factors influencing the compensation amount that you can get from a bus accident include the following:
- The severity of the bus accident
- Expenses associated with potential rehab or emotional therapy
- The emotional trauma level that you received as a result of the accident
- Your physical injuries
- The treatment and medication that you need after the accident
- The amount of lost income as a result of the inability to work
- The amount of lost monetary benefits (such as work bonuses that you are now unable to achieve)
If you or a loved one was recently involved in a bus accident, it is critical that you get the professional help that you need. A legal expert will be able to provide you with important legal information to help ensure that you are on the right track to receiving the full compensation amount that you deserve for your injuries. Contact our bus accident attorneys in San Diego today to learn more and to schedule an initial consultation.
San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS)
The public transit service provider throughout most of San Diego County is the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS or SDMTS). This is one of Southern California’s oldest transit systems. MTS manages several different services to people throughout the San Diego area, including, but not limited to, light rail, bus, and freight services.
The MTD owns assets of several different transportation companies, including:
- San Diego Trolley, Inc. (SDTI)
- San Diego Transit Corporation (SDTC)
- San Diego & Arizona Eastern (SD&AE) Railway Company
In addition, MTS works alongside San Diego Vintage Trolley, Inc.
Contact Our San Diego Bus Accident Lawyers
When you or a loved one is seriously injured, it's important to work with a lawyer who has knowledge of the regulations, laws, and complexities of bus accidents. We have more than 30 years of experience helping accident victims throughout Southern California.
- TOUR BUS CRASH SENDS 10 TO HOSPITAL
- FMCSA TELLS SCAPADAS MAGICAS TO CEASE US OPERATIONS AFTER BUS CRASH
Call us at (619) 215-1488 to schedule a free case evaluation.