San Diego Personal Injury Attorney: A Reputation You Can Trust
We Have a Reputation That You—& Your Family—Can Trust
At The McClellan Law Firm, we are led by Attorney Craig McClellan, who is one of the state’s most accomplished trial attorneys, we have helped our clients navigate through complex times for years. During that period, we have obtained more than 100 verdicts and settlements in excess of $1 million.
That is more than any other attorney in the San Diego area.
That’s not all though.
Attorney McClellan is the first and only San Diego injury lawyer invited into the Inner Circle of Advocates, which is an elite list of the nation’s top 100 plaintiff attorneys.
Some of Craig’s other accomplishments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year for Personal Injury & Product Liability (2014)
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year for Product Liability Litigation (2012)
- Rated 10.0 out of 10.0 “Superb” on Avvo
- Named a “Best Attorney” by the Los Angeles Times
- One of "San Diego's Top Lawyers" by San Diego Magazine
- "Transcript 10" Top Attorneys by the San Diego Daily Transcript (2012)
- San Diego Metro "Best Lawyers" and Top 25 Attorneys in San Diego (2012)
- Inclusion in the San Diego Super Lawyers® Top 50 List for 6 Consecutive Years
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list (2007 to 2016)
- Included in the Top 500 Lawyers in the United States by Lawdragon.com (2007)
- Recipient of the Daniel T. Broderick III Award for Civility, Integrity and Professionalism
- 3-time recipient of the “Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award” from the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego
He is also a recognized face in the industry, having served on the Board of Directors for several organizations, such as the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (1983-1990), the Consumer Attorneys of California (1985-1987), the Association of Business Trial Lawyers (2005-2007), and the American Board of Trial Advocates (1983-1990). He has also been an Officer for the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego (1987-1988), Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and Master of the American Inns of Court. He even served as President of the San Diego Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
We Never Take on More Than 15 Cases at a Time
Besides the skill of our lawyers, the thing that sets us apart is our commitment to providing personalized attention to each of our clients. That is why we purposefully limit our caseload to no more than 15 cases at a time. Instead of spreading ourselves too thin, and running the risk of providing subpar legal counsel to our clients, we provide concentrated attention to every single case. This allows us to create a strong legal approach that is personalized to the details of the situation and geared toward maximizing compensation.
More Than 100 Verdicts in Excess of $1 Million
Throughout the nation, our injury law firm has been recognized for getting results. This has led to us being recognized as a Tier 1 U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" for both Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs and Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs. Our firm has also been asked onto numerous public radio and television programs, such as 60 Minutes, 20/20, and the McNeil-Lehrer Report. That is often because our lawyers are willing to take on the complex cases that other firms are not.
Consider just some of our firm's different verdicts:
- $15 Million – Our firm represented the family of a 45-year-old man who was killed while riding his bicycle in the designated bicycle lane in Carlsbad, CA. The decedent had been struck by a car whose driver had drifted into the lane. He had been the Director of Sales for North and South America for Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. This was the largest net verdict for a single family in San Diego history.
- $8 Million – Our client had been attempting to avoid a tow truck changing lanes by swerving when she lost control of the vehicle and hit the center median. The tow truck company claimed that neither its truck nor its drivers were involved; however, the jury decided otherwise and awards $8,027,154.
- $7.8 Million – We represented a client who was a worker who had been partially run over by an asphalt truck that had been attempting to back up. We recovered $7,830,000 on his behalf.
- $7.5 Million – We represented a woman struck by a tractor-trailer entering into a construction site while walking near her home. She sustained serious injuries to her legs that eventually required them to be amputated. It was the truck driver’s claim that she was walking in the middle of the street at the time and that she must have fallen underneath the truck. Our firm took on the case and sued the developer, general contractor, subcontractors, and driver. We recovered a $7.5 million settlement.
- $6 Million – Our firm represented a family who experienced tragedy while out for a Sunday drive in their Ford Escort. At the time, 11-year-old twins were in the backseat with lap-only seat belts. Another vehicle crossed into their lane, causing a head-on collision. One of the twins died at the scene; the other twin was rendered paraplegic. Ford later settled for $6 million. Following that settlement, the family lobbied for legislation that required all used car dealers to place a sticker on all vehicles with lap-only seat belts to warn consumers of their dangers. The bill passed and has since become California law.
Craig McClellan: "The Man Porsche Must Fear"
Attorney McClellan has made a name for himself in many ways—one of which is his focus on cases involving motor vehicle accidents. Attorney McClellan was the first attorney to ever try a Ford Explorer rollover case; he has also made waves by focusing on Porsche and their often dangerous vehicles.
Samples of his cases involving the automotive giant include:
- Rudl v. Porsche – Rudl was killed in a Porsche Carerra GT as a passenger at Auto Club Speedway during Ferrari Club track day. The driver of the Porsche made an evasive maneuver to avoid a Ferrari pulling onto a track; the vehicle hit a concrete barrier at approximately 100 mph. This vehicle was advertised as a “racecar for the streets,” but was not equipped with Electronic Stability Control. We represented the decedent’s wife and parents in a lawsuit against Porsche, as well as the racetrack where the accident occurred. In the end, the defendants agreed to settle for $4.5 million.
- Garrison v. Porsche – In another case, a husband and father was killed while riding as a passenger in a Porsche Turbo 930. At the time, the driver had been navigating a city street when they lost control and drove into oncoming traffic. $2.5 million was awarded by the jury and upheld on appeal. This tied for the largest wrongful death verdict in California. More than that though, Porsche began to offer driver’s training to those who purchased their performance, turbo-charged vehicles.
Our firm’s reputation for handling these cases has become so prominent that when an article was published in Autoweek regarding the tragic fatal accident involving Paul Walker, it was Attorney McClellan who was picked out as the lawyer who was most likely to make legal headlines in its case.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
At our personal injury law firm, we are proud to handle some of the most complicated personal injury cases involving catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Examples of the kind of cases we can handle include:
- Airplane Accidents
- Automotive Defects
- Car Accidents
- Defective Medical Devices
- Premises Liability
- Recreational Vehicle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
Request a Free & Confidential Consultation: 619-215-1488
Would you like to discuss the specifics of your legal matter with our award-winning personal injury law firm? Do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible. With a proven track record and a team composed of tough, experienced, and compassionate San Diego injury attorneys, we are a firm that you can truly trust.
Call us today or fill out our online form to request a free evaluation of your case.